Feedback is always important...so let me know whatchya' think. Leave a comment!

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Student Working to Redesign Guide Dog Harnesses

Eva, an Industrial Design Student at U of I, plans to enter a "redesign" of the Guide Dog Harness into an International Housewares Student Design competition.  She recently asked a fellow blogger, Ro (her blog is "In the Center of the Roof"), for assistance in gathering pertinent information from guide dog handlers.

Eva wrote a seven question survey for handlers that Ro generously posted on her blog.  In her words (taken from Ro's blog):
Users feedback are one of the most important part in a design process. I need to know how the users feel and think to be able to put myself into their shoe...I need more of a variety of users experience that is why I made this survey.

If you are a guide dog handler and are interested in helping Eva with her project, please click on this link to Ro's blog post:  http://raynaadi.blogspot.com/2010/11/conceptualizing-redesigned-guide-dog.html#comments.

Eva's complete survey is posted here, as well as Eva's contact information.  You can either post your answers to the survey as a comment on Ro's blog, or email your answers directly to Eva (her email address is listed in Ro's blog).

I hope that my readers who work with a guide dog will take the time to answer Eva's survey.  Her project is due by the end of the year.  Hopefully we'll get an update as to what she comes up with!

Thanks in advance!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for your kindness and help. Much appreciate on posting this article, I am sure it will help a lot on my project!
    : )

    wish you have a great day.

    -Eva

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome, Eva! I think it's great what you are doing. Keep us posted, ok? And good luck!

    ReplyDelete