Feedback is always important...so let me know whatchya' think. Leave a comment!

Friday, November 5, 2010

Poetry: An Early Morning Puppy-Walk

A poem, inspired by my morning walk.


To read the poem above, "what makes a fall wind winter-y?" click on the picture and it will enlarge in your browser.  I did it this way to preserve the formatting.  Below is the same poem, although the formatting that I wanted might not be preserved in the post in all browser windows.  I wrote this after a nice long walk with FLD Gus and Gypsy this morning.


“what makes a fall wind winter-y?”

freight-train northern gusts
force a frost
            and wrestle with last-to-let-go leaves

this morning my cheeks glow burgundy

                         hands
                        wither
                           into
                           coat
                      sleeves
                      seeking
                      warmth

blood-flow squeezed by leather leashes,
my dogs on either side             prance in an eager march

Halloween decorations are stored away
save for a hostage ghoul with bound hands trussed on a tree trunk; the hiss
from inflatable spiders escapes
from cartoon turkeys now instead

my dogs scrutinize them as we pass
                                                             wary

winter is coming
          but not today

-by patti
11/5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment