Feedback is always important...so let me know whatchya' think. Leave a comment!

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Blood Drive

Posted on Leader Dogs for the Blind FaceBook page:
We need your help! Join Leader Dog for our Blood Drive to benefit the American Red Cross on Thursday, July 15 from noon until 6:00 pm on campus in the Polk Residence & Training Center. Walk ins are welcome, but please consider registering for an appointment.

The Sponsor Code is Leaderdog. Make your appointment here: https://www.givelife.org/index.cfm?group=registration&hlc=leaderdog&pos=1

Please contact Doreen Murphy (dmurphy@leaderdog.org) if you experience trouble when making your appointment. Thank you for your support and feel free to spread the word about the blood drive.
With apologies to Leader Dogs for the Blind, I donated blood yesterday at Clintondale High School in Clinton Township.  I had an appointment at Leader Dogs, but on my early morning walk with FLD Mike I spotted the Blood Drive sign by the school.  Since I live just around the corner from Clintondale, I went on-line and switched. 
 
I brought FLD Mike along; he was calm and patient, although he took up a lot of space by my chair during the nurse-interview!  One of the nurses recognized FLD Mike from when I donated blood at Leader Dogs last February.  As she so eloquently told me, when I mentioned that I canceled my appointment at Leader Dogs, "Well, we got your blood anyway, that's the important thing."

Thank-you Leader Dogs, for sponsoring this Blood Drive.  I hope it is successful!

No comments:

Post a Comment