Feedback is always important...so let me know whatchya' think. Leave a comment!

Monday, September 5, 2011

Puppyhood Thrill Ride

It wasn't quite the "Millennium Force," but it made me wonder if I could now cross roller-coaster-ride off of my "bucket list."

Good-bye Gus.  Hello new puppy!

In about the same amount of time it takes for that Cedar Point behemoth to turn your stomach, I turned my back on Gus, trundled across the kennel lobby at Leader Dogs for the Blind, and paused at the precipice to wipe my eyes.

My new thrill ride?

FLD Scout!

Features               Black female Lab/Golden mix puppy.
Whelp date          July 11, 2011
LD Mom/Dad         Reese (Lab) / Kasey (Golden)
Siblings                5 girls, 1 boy in the litter (3 black, 3 yellow)
Ride Time            1 year



YEEEEEEE HAAAAAA!!

FLD Scout and I aboard for the ride!



Another "Licky Lab!" Scout greets Andy.

Andy and FLD Scout.

Natalie and Sofia are aboard with FLD Scout!

FLD Scout and Sofia


Raise your arms and jump aboard!


8 comments:

  1. Good luck on your new adventure with Scout. I like the name! I always intended to reread 'to kill a mocking bird' since studying it in school, so now that I have a reminder, maybe now is time to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jen! My husband Andy picked the name, as he does with all our LD pups. And it is after Scout Finch from the book, one of my all-time favs. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck Gus, welcome Scout! Love the name. My CC pup Ellie has the same birthday so it must be a good day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a precious pup! Our Moxie just turned one so he's got 4-6 months until turn in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww... Welcome Scout! That's one of my favorite books too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lisa--same birthdays? Great!

    GirlRural--They sure grow fast, don't they? Enjoy your time with Moixe, it is over before you know it.

    L^2--not a surprise that you are a Harper Lee fan!

    Thanks all for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whoa. I have missed a whole lot! I didn't know Gus was being turned in already.
    Good luck Gus :)
    and
    Hello Scout :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jess, you've been busy! And it's always a very fast year with these special pups. Take care!

    ReplyDelete