Feedback is always important...so let me know whatchya' think. Leave a comment!

Monday, March 28, 2011

Poetry: A Flying Puppy FIB

FLD GUS:  FLYING PUPPY

FLD Gus has this flying-thing going on lately.  Everywhere he goes, he LEAPS.  LEAPS onto his mat, LEAPS through the snow to find a place to "park," LEAPS over puddles of slush at the corner when we cross the street.

It is as if he has springs for legs.

The other morning, he decided that a comfortable place to chew his Kong was ON MY LAP.  I was sitting on a low rocking chair and he sat facing me, red Kong hanging out the side of his mouth like a cigar.  Without warning, without coiling to spring, he SPRANG straight UP and landed on my lap, light as a feather!

What control!  What precision!

Andy was relaxing on the recliner across from me.  After a few moments of uncontrolled giggling, I said, I wish you could have seen him from this angle!

After a few more moments of unabashed guffawing, Andy replied, "I was wishing you could have seen him from my angle!"

Oh silly puppy.  Those aren't wings, but springs! 




A FIB IN RESPONSE


          "puddle-jumping puppy"

          spring
          wings
          take air--
          precision
          in 53 pounds--
          Labrador learns levitation




7 comments:

  1. I should have posted a "disclaimer" at the end of this post...Future Leader Dog puppies are NOT allowed on our laps and FLD Gus did not stay on mine very long. We adhere to the LD rule: "four on the floor" for petting. Gus's leap was just SO funny and unexpected! All part of raising a puppy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, what a fun type of poem!

    I would be lying if I said Romero has never tried the exact same thing.

    Sam and Future Dog Guide Romero

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sam! Glad to hear I'm not the only one who has experienced a flying Lab! Thanks for reading--and have fun making your own "FIB!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicely Fibbed! I can see Gus levitating....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gregory! Thank you...I just love FIBs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't laugh too hard, Erin, your Rob might learn levitation, too one day!

    ReplyDelete