Feedback is always important...so let me know whatchya' think. Leave a comment!

Thursday, April 29, 2010

The Rosie Road, part 5 Finding Leader Dogs for the Blind

Miley was back with her family.  I was still in "puppy lust," maybe more so after my two weeks with sweet little Miley.  I didn't think I could wait until "Meet Your Best Friend at the Zoo" in May before adopting a puppy.

Back to searching.  Click, click, click of the mouse and soon I'm lost in the tentacles of the World Wide Web.

What's this?  Somehow I land on the Leader Dogs for the Blind website.  This organization is not far from my home; over the years I've watched the campus expand and modernize.

Click, click, click and here is information about adopting a "career-changed" (cc'd) dog.  I knew someone who had adopted a cc'd Leader Dog--maybe this is what I should do.  Looks like so many people want to adopt one of these dogs that Leader Dogs is not even taking applications right now!

Click, click, click.  Raise a puppy. Hmmmmmm....  Andy!

We talk it over.  Well...I rationalize to Andy why raising a puppy for Leader Dogs for the Blind is the absolute best thing for me to do.  I want to adopt every puppy I see; raising a Leader Dog puppy meant that I could raise one, turn it in, and start with another one.  I will practice my dog-training skills, learn new techniques, and  help someone to boot!  How could we lose?  If Gypsy cannot tolerate a new addition, we are not committed to a lifetime with a dog--after turning in the puppy I wouldn't have to raise another one.

With Andy's consent, if not his blessing, I submit my application.  And wait.  Gypsy might have something else to say about it...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment