Feedback is always important...so let me know whatchya' think. Leave a comment!

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Only 2 More Weeks!


I am disappointed.

Two more weeks until the deadline for submissions for the 7th Assistance Dog Blog Carnival and thus far I have had NO takers.

I hope this fact does not have a negative effect on me.

Of course, I myself have not yet written my affecting post on the topic. (I promise to get right on it!)




To submit a post to this ADBC, leave a comment below (or at the above link) by April 25 with:
  1. The name of your blog (example, "plays with puppies")
  2. The title of your ADBC post (example, "The startling effect of puppy-breath")
  3. The link (URL) to your ADBC post (example, "http://yourblogname/postname")

Come on, bloggers, I know you can do it!

8 comments:

  1. I didn't even know another carnival was due. What is the topic?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can click on the link above (or here: http://playswithpuppies.blogspot.com/p/7th-assistance-dog-blog-carnival.html) to the 7th ABDC for the "full" story. In short, the topic is AFFECT/EFFECT--some examples, what is the "effect" of having a working do on other members of your family? Or, has there been an "affecting" story concerning your working dog? Kind of lame, I guess, I was inspired by April Fool's day and the peskiness of these two words. It seems it is not a very good topic, because I haven't had any responses yet!

      Delete
  2. Hopefully everyone is just waiting until the last minute to write their posts. :)

    Unfortunately, a lot of bloggers who are visually impaired (myself included) are currently struggling with the inaccessibility of Blogger's new interface (I wrote a post about it HERE), so this problem could affect the number of participants. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that's right, I read your post about that. Not good. If needed, I will extend the deadline to the end of April. Other than that, I don't know what to do to help!

      Delete
    2. I have every intention of writing a post. I would say life has a pesky way of interfering with that, but it's more that I'm just a procrastinator extraordinaire.

      Regarding the Blogger issue, perhaps those who can't utilize their own blogs could guest post elsewhere either by emailing the post to someone else or the like?

      Delete
    3. Gentle Wit--I can certainly understand procrastination. With my newspaper job I heartily rely on my deadlines to keep me honest!

      Your suggestion is a good one. I hope to have a "revisal" on this ADBC issue posted by tomorrow, and the deadline will be extended. So, there's more time for you!

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
    4. If there's any way I can help -- aside from finishing my own post (or, um, starting it for that matter) -- do let me know. ;-)

      Delete
    5. Thanks Cyndy--I've extended the deadline and clarified the topic. Here is the link that I posted today: http://playswithpuppies.blogspot.com/2012/04/adbc-call-for-submissions-take-2.html

      I am looking forward to your submission!

      Delete