Feedback is always important...so let me know whatchya' think. Leave a comment!

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

AHHHHHHRRRRRGGGG! Deadlines.

By now, you'd think I'd be tuned in to "deadlines." Even though the Ogemaw County Voice only publishes twice a month, our Monday deadlines come oh-so-quickly.

Last May I came upon "Assignment: Four Seasons 2011" on the blog "Views Infinitive" by Scott Thomas Photography. Scott challenged bloggers "to show four distinct seasons from the SAME location."

I was sure that the beautiful views from the windows of our new northern Michigan home would pose no problem in accruing the appropriate shots.

I was wrong.

Not for lack of picture taking from our windows. (Andy says, "I'm glad I don't have to buy film.")

I just plain forgot the assignment.

EXCUSES: adjusting to our new life, starting a new "career" with the Voice, turning in and picking up yet another Future Leader Dog puppy.

Scott's deadline is TODAY.

What I really wanted to show is the view from our foyer window, especially after catching this scene. It reminds me of my sister Cathy's art. (Check it out--Catherine Peet.)
 

A winter view.

If only I had followed up in spring and summer. Alas, I took this shot in October and suddenly remembered.

A fall view.

Whoops.

In a scrabble to come up with a submission, I searched my photo archives (oh, why didn't I develop a better filing system?) but could never find the same location in all four seasons.

Summer is the culprit. I found a theme among my photos--the colder the better. (I sometimes joke with Andy, We didn't move far enough north!)

I almost had it with shots of the woodpile, but again, no summer view.

February 9, 2011.
February 17, 2011. What a difference in just over a week!
May 23, 2011. We have a covered woodshed that we take from first, just to the left of the tree. Didn't need to dip into this pile much until fall.

October 5, 2011. (See, summer missed!)
November 12, 2011. All the wood gone in just over a month! (That's my step-daughter's husband, Jeff, coming in from a morning hunt.)

Instead, what follows is what I unearthed from my archives. Shots of Gus, the Leader Dog puppy I raised from September 2010 to his return this past September, taken in the backyard of our new place in the woods.

A young FLD Gus "comes" with enthusiasm! Photo taken January 22, 2011.

Gypsy and FLD Gus take in the pretty view from our back porch on May 23, 2011.

FLD Gus smells the flowers on July 7, 2011.

"Forest Gus" returns to us in early November, "career-changed" from Leader Dogs for the Blind. (See my post from November 4.) He's back to his old tricks here, on November 20, 2011.

Thanks Scott, for the fun assignment!

6 comments:

  1. I love both sets of shots. The window and the woodpile view. Quite lovely.

    I`ll be back.

    Sybil in Nova Scotia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely series of photos. I guess that you're so busy enjoying the summer, that you therefore forget to photograph ..... but now you could make the series with all four seasons in your foyer window in 2012: THAT I think will be great with this frame as a painting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for visiting, Truel! I was busy in the summer, but winter is MY time of year. I will take your advice and try to catch the seasons through our foyer window. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed all the shots. I'll have to remember to take all four seasons of he same shot for the end of the year 2012. Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Dr. Momi! Yes, a four-seasons sequence will be wonderful in 2012. Happiest 2012 to you!

    ReplyDelete